Saturday, October 30, 2010

Stacked Coin Quilt I - for friend's new baby


Oz fabric line from Moda.
This is the baby quilt I gave to an online friend who's baby is due early November.  I mailed her the quilt several weeks ago. She was very surprised! I am waiting for the baby to be born so that I can send the quilt's label. My friend also quilts so she will be able to attach it herself.

I found the tutorial here at Moda Bake Shop, the pattern is by Rachel Griffith of p.s. i quilt.  Love her blog.

This is also the first quilt that I quilted and really liked the end product.  I always can find "something" wrong.  But, this one, is pretty good.  I am now a big fan of straight line quilting. I like the look... clean and simple.


the back
 
close-up of quilting

1 comment:

  1. That is a gorgeous baby quilt...I love the back also...pink is my favorite colour.
    Love your blog!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete